Posted December 6, 2016
Ang strep throat ay bacterial infection that is contagious and easily spread. Whether you’re protecting yourself or your family, knowing what lifestyle changes to make can help prevent strep throat or other contagious infections.
- Avoid contact with anyone who has an infection
If you or one of your family members is down with strep throat, don’t share food, drinks, or utensils with them. Avoid sharing towels, pillowcases and bed sheets with them as well.
- Wash your hands frequently
Make hand washing a habit, especially during the following:
- Bago kumain o magluto
- Bago hawakan ang mata, ilong o bibig
- Pagkatapos gumamit ng banyo
- After sneezing, coughing or blowing your nose
- Mag-dala ng hand sanitizer
When you’re traveling, frequent hand washing may not be convenient. Bring hand sanitizer with you to keep your hands clean at all times.
- Keep up a healthy lifestyle
Kumain ng mabuti, get enough sleep and make sure to exercise regularly
- Avoid smoking
Smoke irritates your throat tissues, so if you’re a smoker – stop! Second hand smoke can be dangerous as well, so avoid breathing in other people’s smoke.