Posted August 23, 2016
If you suffer from heartburn or indigestion, baka may GERD ka. GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease ay isang digestive disorder. It happens when acid from your stomach or its contents flows back into your esophagus or your food pipe.
Here are ten things you need to know about GERD:
- Acid reflux and heartburn are two common symptoms of GERD
- If you experience acid reflux and heartburn at least twice a week, baka may GERD ka.
- Majority of cases of GERD can be managed with lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medication.
- Damage to you esophagus is also one way for your doctor to determine if you have GERD.
- Some people who suffer from GERD may require surgery. If you think you have GERD, or if you suffer severely from any of its symptoms, make sure you speak to your doctor to rule out any other health issues or cases.